The United Nations Children's Fund said on Thursday that it had secured the release of 23 boys and two girls from the Nigerian Army administrative custody.
UNICEF said this was after they had been cleared of suspected ties with some illegal armed groups.
UNICEF's Nigeria Acting Representative, Mr Pernille Ironside, disclosed this to newsmen in Lagos.
He said in a statement that this had brought the numbers of children released this year to 44.
"These are children taken away from their families and communities, deprived of their childhood, education, healthcare, and of the chance to grow up in a safe and enabling environment.
"UNICEF will continue working to ensure that all conflict-affected children are reunited with their families and given hope of fulfilling their dreams and their human rights," he said.